Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Second Edition by Ghasem Najafpour
By Ghasem Najafpour
Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, 2nd Edition, outlines the foundations of biochemical approaches and explains their use within the production of each day items. the writer makes use of a diirect strategy that are meant to be very valuable for college kids in following the innovations and useful purposes. This publication is exclusive in having many solved difficulties, case experiences, examples and demonstrations of specified experiments, with basic layout equations and required calculations.
- Covers significant recommendations of biochemical engineering and biotechnology, together with purposes in bioprocesses, fermentation applied sciences, enzymatic approaches, and membrane separations, among others
- Accessible to chemical engineering scholars who have to either examine, and follow, organic wisdom in engineering principals
- Includes solved difficulties, examples, and demonstrations of specific experiments with easy layout equations and all required calculations
- Offers many graphs that current genuine experimental info, figures, and tables, besides factors
Read or Download Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Second Edition PDF
Similar biophysics books
Extra info for Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Second Edition
The molar activity of an enzyme with a single active site can be calculated from its maximum speciﬁc rate value, Vmax. ”. 11 ENZYME DEACTIVATION Enzymes are proteins; their stability is often reported by half-life. The half-life is the duration of time required by the use of an enzyme as the enzyme’s activities decline to half of its 38 2. ENZYME TECHNOLOGY initial activities. 1) where rd is rate of enzyme deactivation, Ea is the active enzyme concentration, and kd is the deactivation rate constant.
10. Guatarra MLE, Godoy MG, Castilho LR, Freire DMG. Inoculum strategies for Penicillin simplicissimum lipase production by solid state fermentation using a residue from the babassu oil industry. J Chem Technol Biotechnol 2007;82:313e8. 4 Conclusion 81 Nomenclature 82 References 82 63 * This case study was partially written with contributions from: Maedeh Mohammadi, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Noushirvani University of Technology, Babol, Iran. V. All rights reserved. 52 3. 6 Growth Kinetics of CO Substrate on C.
Rigo E, Ninow JL, Di Luccio M, Oliveira JV, Polloni AE, Remonatto D, et al. Lipase production by solid fermentation of soybean meal with different supplements. LWT Food Sci Technol 2010;43:1132e7. 5. Adinarayana K, Raju K, Zargar MI, Devi RB, Lakshmi PJ, Ellaiah P. Optimization of process parameters for production of lipase in solid-state fermentation by newly isolated Aspergillus species. Indian J Biotechnol 2004;3:65e9. 6. Colen G, Junqueira RG, Moraes-Santos T. Isolation and screening of alkaline lipase-producing fungi from Brazilian savanna soil.