The Urban Fantasy Anthology
Star-studded and complete, this creative anthology brings a myriad of contemporary fable voices less than one roof. formerly tough for readers to find in its new modes, city myth is represented the following in all 3 of its unique styles—playful new mythologies, horny paranormal romances, and gritty city noir. whether or not they characteristic tattooed demon-hunters, angst-ridden vampires, supernatural gumshoes, or pixelated pixies, those authors—including Patricia Briggs, Neil Gaiman, and Charles de Lint—mash-up conventional fare with popular culture, developing iconic characters, conflicted moralities, and complicated settings. the result's starkly unique fiction that has broad-based allure and is immensely entertaining.
Introduction by way of Peter S. Beagle
• creation: “A own trip Into Mythic Fiction” via Charles de Lint
• “A poultry That Whistles” by means of Emma Bull
• “Make a pleased Noise” by way of Charles de Lint
• “The Goldfish Pool and different Stories” through Neil Gaiman
• “On the line to New Egypt” by way of Jeffrey Ford
• “Julie’s Unicorn” through Peter S. Beagle
• advent: “A humorous factor occurred so as to city Fantasy” by means of Paula Guran
• “Companions to the Moon” by means of Charles de Lint
• “A Haunted residence of Her Own” by way of Kelley Armstrong
• “She’s My Witch” by means of Norman Partridge
• “Kitty’s Zombie New Year” via Carrie Vaughn
• “Seeing Eye” by way of Patricia Briggs
• “Hit” by way of Bruce McAllister
• “Boobs” via Suzy McKee Charnas
• “Farewell, My Zombie” through Francesca Lia Block
• advent: “We should not a membership, yet We occasionally percentage a Room” by means of Joe R. Lansdale
• “The White Man” through Thomas M. Disch
• “Gestella” through Susan Palwick
• “The Coldest woman in Coldtown” by way of Holly Black
• “Talking again to the Moon” through Steven R. Boyett
• “On the a long way facet of the Cadillac wilderness With lifeless Folks” through Joe R. Lansdale
• “The Bible Repairman” via Tim Powers
• “Father Dear” by way of Al Sarrantonio
Read Online or Download The Urban Fantasy Anthology PDF
Similar urban fantasy books
As a cassandra sangue, or blood prophet, Meg Corbyn can see the long run whilst her dermis is cut—a reward that feels extra like a curse. Meg’s Controller retains her enslaved so he may have complete entry to her visions. but if she escapes, the one secure position Meg can disguise is on the Lakeside Courtyard—a company district operated by means of the Others.
For 5 hundred years, the Porters have hid the lifestyles of magic from the realm. Now, outdated enemies have published the Porters’ secrets and techniques, and a good better danger lurks within the shadows. The would-be queen Meridiana, banished for one thousand years, has again within the physique of a lady named Jeneta Aboderin.
During this sequel to The Infinity Concerto, Michael Perrin, a teenage poet, returns to modern la hoping to guide a regular lifestyles. yet his time trapped within the risky faerie land of the Sidhe has left him with magical abilities and a secret to resolve. The track of energy nonetheless hangs within the air, unusual our bodies were came across in a close-by inn, and an old creature calls to Michael from the waters of Scotland.
Trey proposal he used to be the single one. It used to be a lie. The final hereditary werewolf has chanced on his pack - and they're vicious, bloodthirsty, and actually wild. Trey has had sufficient of vampires, demons and sorcerors. He must get in contact together with his actual family members - those with fur, fangs and killer instincts.
Extra resources for The Urban Fantasy Anthology
Priscilla narrowed her eyes. " Abby tittered, which made Toto wag his tail. I pursed my lips in a moment of thought. " Helen Beckitt snorted out a breath through her nose. "This isn't a joking matter," Priscilla snapped. "Oh. Sorry. " I turned to face Anna. "It wasn't me. " Anna asked quietly. I folded my arms. "I'll make sure he never hurts anyone. " Murphy stepped forward and said, "Excuse me. You said that three members of the order had died. " "Maria," Anna said, her words spaced with the slow, deliberate beat of a funeral march.
If I had to work any forces while I was in there, I'd be crippled practically to the point of total impotence. I turned to see Anna staring at me in blank surprise. She was aware of what I had just done. "There," I told her. "If I was of the spirit world, I couldn't cross your threshold. If I had planned on hurting someone in here, would I have disarmed myself? " Murphy took her cue from me, and entered the same way. "I…" Anna said, at a loss. " "Judgment call," I told her. "You're a cautious person, and there are kids in this building.
The doorman's shoes were nicer than any I owned. I opened the outer door with Thomas's key and marched to the elevators, Mouse walking smartly at heel. The doorman watched me, and I spotted two security cameras between the front door and the elevator. Security would have a pretty good idea who was a resident and who wasn't—and an extremely tall and gangly man in a black coat with nearly two hundred pounds of dog with him wouldn't be something they forgot. So I tried to stall them with body language, walking the walk of the impatient and confident in the hopes that it would make the security guys hesitate.